Thursday, July 29, 2010

My God is So BIG...

"I know that you can do all things;
no plan of yours can be thwarted.
You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?'
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.
Job 42:2-3

How many hopes can you dream fulfilled for the future? If you are like me, imaginative in spirit, you can probably come up with a dozen different scenarios of how life will play out. What is amazing to me is that God's plans are always better than our own. In the midst of trial and uncertainty, it is hard to remember how big our God is and that He is all knowing. He knows where we need to be and what we need better than we know.

I believe our lives are like paths. They all lead to certain places but there are different ways to get there. Sometimes we choose the long path, through the desert and over the mountain. Sometimes it's a leisurely, flat half mile stroll to the next destination. Sometimes we are hopelessly lost in the dark woods and cannot see the path at all. No matter where we are, we can hold up our hand and God will take it and lead us through. We have choices and all of them bare consequences. By grace, the road ends at the Pearly Gates.

I cannot see the path right now. I know that God is leading my family. I want it all to work out my way. I can see the many options and think I know what is best. The truth is, I still need to work on Letting Go and Letting God. I can stand and pitch a fit that I am not getting my way, which is what I want to do, or I can sit back and watch God's hand work a miracle. I pray that I can share this miracle in the coming weeks and months.

For dinner tonight...the salmon we didn't have last night in favor of whole wheat waffles smothered in homemade blackberry jam. I do love the Farmer's Markets!

No comments:

Post a Comment