Monday, July 19, 2010

Living on Faith

In a strange turn of events, my husband resigned from his job today. It had become obvious over the last few months that he was not a good fit for this company for a number of reasons. Things came to a head on Friday with him and the CEO. We discussed his options over the weekend and both decided that he needed to move on.

So here we are with our mostly finished bathroom, no closets in my bedroom, and an unemployed husband. I have faith that God is in control. I have faith that he will not let us be homeless and hungry. God has provided for our family in abundance over the years. We have let Him direct my husband's career path and He will continue to do so. We just have to be still and wait on God.

I would rather be in the future looking back to see how it worked out rather than sitting here wondering how it will work out. Notice that I did not say "if" it will work out. Our God is a loving, compassionate, God and somehow this will work out. He can bring beauty from the ashes. He can turn those terrible situations into blessings. He can do all things if we allow Him the chance.

Today I praise God for his providence. I praise him for the sun shining in my window. I praise him for the beautiful daughters I have the privilege of raising. I praise him for my health, a place to live, and food to eat. I praise him for a better tomorrow, whenever that day will arise. And until that day, we will live with the hope that it is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment