Tuesday, July 27, 2010

SWAP and Progress

The bathroom remodel continues to progress albeit slower than my girls anticipated. We are trying to get the rest of the drywall touched up along the ceiling so we can prime and paint ahead of the plumber who is coming Friday to return the toilet to it's rightful location. He is also hooking up the tub/shower so that we will once again have 2 showers in our house. Emma has marched through our room several nights after bedtime grumbling about how she can't wait to have her toilet back. Trust me, we cannot wait for her to have that toilet back either. Privacy is something we take for granted until it is gone. Below is the current state of things. By the end of the week, it should be much improved.

















I am embarking on another Fall SWAP (Sewing With A Plan) for my oldest daughter. We really struggle with appropriate clothing for a proper young lady. I want her to look fashionable so no dowdy, dumpy, or frumpy at my house. However, I want her to maintain her modesty.

Originally, I had planned to do a SWAP for me but then realized that she needs clothes, again. If my kids didn't grow so fast, I would have a fabulous wardrobe. In light of our current financial situation, my goal is to make her a fall wardrobe from my existing stash of fabrics. There will be no planning and then buying the fabrics. There will be planning and then digging around in my sewing room to make it work.

Together we went through my pattern magazines (Ottobre, of course) and decided on some styles that she liked. She has asked for more skirts and tops rather than dresses this year. I am also planning some capri leggings to wear with skirts or tunics. They are comfortable and versatile for her active lifestyle. I try to keep current on fashion trends, even though my wardrobe betrays my interest. One trend I was amused to see this year is blouses buttoned all the way up. My girls have been on that trend for years. I have tried to get them to leave the top button open but they insist that those buttons are meant to be buttoned. What can I say...they are ahead of the fashion trends.

For dinner tonight...hamburgers (made with our favorite Hodge Ranch grass fed beef), potatoes, green beans, and maybe a salad if I get motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment